Monday, September 26, 2011

Fun Time...

I had a GREAT Sunday!  I took a class with my dear friend Sandy at my favorite LSS...Absolutely Everything taught by another friend and talented artist Jenn Shurkus.  We created some art canvases that were totally out of the box for both of us and we had a blast!  Thanks for sharing your time & talent with us, Jenn!!



Of course, after class (and before) Sandy and I had to do a little shopping.  I got some great new things including a fabulous new "stamp and emboss" set from Hero Arts and Sizzix.  The set includes a background stamp, then you line it up in a matching embossing folder and parts of the design become raised.  (Visit Jennifer McGuire's blog to see a demo.)  I couldn't wait to get home from work today to play with my new goodies.  Here's a card I created.  Have an awesome week!!


Supplies for Art Canvases:  Stamps - Characters (Stampotique), Sentiments (Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley / Stamper's Anonymous); Flat Panel Canvas, Acrylic Paints (Claudine Hellmuth Studio / Ranger)

Supplies for Thank You Card:  Paper - Basic White & Spring Moss (PaperTrey Ink); Stamps - Background (Hero Arts), Sentiment (Hero Arts); Ink - Soft Pool (Hero Arts), Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Spring Moss (PaperTrey Ink); Embellishments - Felt (PaperTrey Ink), Dies (Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers & Flowers 3-D / Sizzix).

2 comments:

  1. How fun are the canvas and a gorgeous card!!! I was sad that I couldn't make it, miss ya! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyones canvases came out so so so great :) looking forward to seeing you guys in february *wink* *wink*

    ReplyDelete